2018年5月30日水曜日

The Elephant Man (BR5)

Merrick stood up beside his table. He did not smile, because his face could not smile, but his eyes looked happy. 'That's good,' he said. 'Who is it?' I moved away from the door, and the visitor walked in.

I thought the story was scary at first, but the expectation was not. His mother thought he is annoying, children ran away from him and people laughed at him because of his scary looks. However, he was gradually accepted by people. At last of this story, a tragedy upon him. I was surprised at his sudden death. I was very sad because the cause of death was very trivial.


Vicary, Tim. (1989). The Elephant Man. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I have read the book which is similar to this book ,so I wanted to read it again and try this book too!

    返信削除