2017年12月21日木曜日

The Coldest Place on Earth (BR11)

They were all tired and ill, too. Oates's feet were blkack now, and he could not feel them. On February 16th, Edgar Evans died.

After I read this story, I became sad. Now, we can go to the Antarctic, but in the background, a lot of people were suffered from mission that to reach the south pole faster than other countries. I thought why the countries made their own delegations compete. Why many people should die? There are who frozen to death or starved to death in them. "We need to find the next depot today, but how can we find one black flag in all this  snow? It's very difficult. And there is food for four man, not five." Oates wrote. I felt his suffering, so I know how painful it was to him.


Vicary, Tim. (1992). The Coldest Place on Earth. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿